Mini vol-au-vents with sautéed garlic broccolini
- 125 g broccolini 2 cloves garlic, peeled 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 20 ml water Salt to taste 12 mini vol-au-vent pastry cases 2 tbsp Kato Honey Mustard Fresh herbs, micro-green and/or salad sprouts to decorate
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 12 mini vol-au-vent pastry cases
- 2 tbsp Kato Honey Mustard Dressing
- fresh herbs, micro greens and salad sprouts to decorate
Wash the broccolini and cut the stalks into small pieces, leaving the florets whole. Heat the garlic cloves in a frying pan with the olive oil and then add the broccolini stalks. Sauté for a few minutes, then add the water, cover with a lid and simmer until all the water has been absorbed. Remove the garlic and lightly mash the stalks with a wooden spoon or an immersion blender.
Set aside. Now use the same pan to sauté the broccolini florets for a few more minutes, seasoning them with salt to taste at the end. Fill the mini vol-au-vent pastry cases with the mashed broccolini stalks, then add the broccolini florets and one small dollop of honey mustard on top of each vol-au-vent. Decorate with fresh herbs, micro-green and/or salad sprouts.