Polenta chips with Hollandaise sauce
- 500 g polenta flour Salt for the boiling water 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley, sage) 50 g butter (optional) Olive oil to brush Salt to sprinkle Rosemary and sage sprigs to decorate Kato Hollandaise or Kato Lite Hollandaise to dip
- salt for the boiling water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley, sage)
- 50g butter (optional)
- olive oil for brushing
- a sprinkle of salt, rosemary and sage
- Kato Hollandaise or Lite Hollandaise
Makes approximately 80 chips
Make polenta according to the packet instructions. Please note: instant polenta will take approximately 5 minutes once the water boils, regular polenta about 45 minutes and constant stirring. Always add salt to the boiling water before adding the polenta flour.
Once the polenta is ready add the chopped herbs and butter (if using) and stir. Pour the polenta inside a large rectangular of square container and let it cool down and set for a few hours. You can make this one day ahead.
When the polenta is set cut into large chips size rectangles and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
Brush the polenta chips with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until they look crispy, turning them once and brushing them with more olive oil if necessary. Once ready place immediately into a serving basket or platter with a few rosemary and sage sprigs: these are decorations but will also impart more aroma to the polenta chips.
Serve with a bowl of Kato Hollandaise or Kato Lite Hollandaise to dip.